Tuesday, August 1, 2017

How Do You Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle in the Summer?



Good morning! I am back, actually I never left but I needed a day to recuperate. My husbands' 6 grade school and high school friends came to our town for their annual long weekend. Each year we rotate to someones' hometown and this year it was at our house.




The weekend consisted of copious amounts of laughter and fun, along with an abundance of food and liberal amounts of alcohol, the one thing we were lacking was sleep. Most nights I was up until 1:00-1:30 and up at 6:00 with my pups. I actually was the one who went to bed the earliest, the others stayed up until 3:00 and one night until 5:00 am. Needless to say by Monday I was dragging. 
I hate to admit this but I am a glutton when it comes to parties and weekend get-togethers because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE food and because for the most part it is just me and my husband on a daily basis. When I have a group of people to bake for and to make things I never make at home I go wild. 

Which leads me to my question how do you maintain a healthy lifestyle in the summer? Are you disciplined all of the time? Do you have a set exercise routine and diet that you always follow? Or do you allow yourself a little leeway at the weekend and in the summer?
I am pretty disciplined during the week. Monday thru Friday I go to hot yoga an hour a day and I walk between 3-5 miles a day. On the weekend I take a break from yoga and do longer walks with my husband or go out on my stand up paddle board.
As for food, I love to eat the same food all of the time. It's strange but I have been like that since I was little. Typically, I have sprouted toast, 1/2 avocado and 2 scrambled or hard boiled eggs for breakfast or a protein shake and whatever we are having for dinner(usually chicken/meat and a salad or vegetable). I like all sorts of food except seafood and I eat it all in moderation. As I love to bake, I often eat 1/2 of whatever piece I use for my photos in the blog and give the other 1/2 to my husband. For those of you that ask what happens to the baked goods you see on the blog, I give them to friends or take them to the people at my Fed-ex store.


Classic Cheeseburger Simply Delicious via Pinterest


On the weekends I like to eat pizza, hamburgers or pasta, not every weekend and not all of these things at once. 

Please share your healthy tips for maintaining your healthy lifestyle in the summer. I would love to hear what sorts of food you eat and and exercise that you do.

Have a great day!



SaveSave

5 comments:

  1. Good tips for all year round! Traveling for work so often, eating out and living in a hotel leaves me in a slump more often than not. Always ready to get home and detox!-Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Well, I think we're older than you guys, so I have to say, staying up that late is just not fit for us. I can't stay up past 9pm! And if we're entertaining and anyone stays past that hour, I'm in bed the moment I close the door behind the last guest. I try not to eat heavily and no alcohol for me or my husband. I know, that's ludicrous for most of the population, but that's how we stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo on your willpower! I don't think I could make some goodie and then eat just half a piece. Not to mention tasting during the cooking process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Due to my chronic ankle problem, my regular exercise is predominantly twice a day yoga stretching sessions I have been doing for over 20 years. Food doesn't hold great appeal to me. I eat to live. Not the other way around.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you enjoyed it!

    I just get my exercise in over the summer, same as always.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...