Wednesday, August 2, 2017

The Dog Days



Good morning! I cannot believe it is August, can you? It seems like winter just ended and now it is fast approaching again. I am trying to savor every minute of the next few weeks, the sun, the beach and my favorite time of the day, the early morning walks I  take with my pups. 

Paris

I don't know about your pups but Paris doesn't really like to go for walks, unless she is going with her sister Pisa, then it is a competition to see who can drag you down the street. If I take her alone I have my arm stretched behind my back while she pokes along, sometimes I have to give her a little pull to get her too speed up from plodding along to actually walking.



Pisa the Pup


Pisa is the opposite, she loves to walk. When I walk with her it is like seeing the world anew because she walks, then stops to look at a bird, then walks and stops to watch a butterfly, then walks and stops to eat a worm. She likes to take it all in, the sights, sounds and smells.

Speaking of pups, if you like dogs and art you might find these little prints amusing.  





Have a great day and enjoy the dog days of summer.



5 comments:

  1. I first thought the pups didn't not look like they want to leave their thrones! Dogs make our worlds make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say that I enjoy the dog days of summer. It's just so hot and humid here that I try to stay inside till fall.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I know. Bono, my rockstar Maltese, absolutely suffers from the heat of walking outside. Since I live in a mid-rise I have to take him out about 4 times a day. He smells the flowers, does all the other doggie things, but I'm afraid his little feet might get burnt, so when it's HOT like now, I don't stay too long. Early & late for long walks. Love the doggie prints !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...